Cyberduck Mountain Duck CLI

#10446 closed defect (fixed)

Modified column shows "Unknown" for all files and folders

Reported by: patakijv Owned by: dkocher
Priority: normal Milestone: 6.8.0
Component: cloudfiles Version: 6.7.0
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc: Architecture: Intel
Platform: macOS 10.13

Description

The "Modified" (timestamp) column for all containers and file objects (and virtual folders) shows as "Unknown" for Rackspace CloudFiles (OpenStack) in Cyberduck v6.7.0. I've confirmed the same results on two different Rackspace CloudFiles accounts. I've confirmed I do see modified timestamps as expected on an sftp connection to a server so the problem may be limited to when using Rackspace CloudFiles (OpenStack). This problem started recently since I use this tool often to sort files by their modified date and now I can't.

Log transcript from "Update" at root level is attached.

Attachments (1)

log_transcript.txt (4.5 KB) - added by patakijv on Aug 29, 2018 at 6:57:05 PM.
Log transcript from "Update" at root level.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (12)

Changed on Aug 29, 2018 at 6:57:05 PM by patakijv

Log transcript from "Update" at root level.

comment:1 Changed on Aug 29, 2018 at 6:58:31 PM by patakijv

  • Summary changed from Modified column shows "Unknown" for all files and folders in Rackspace CloudFFiles to Modified column shows "Unknown" for all files and folders in Rackspace CloudFiles

comment:2 Changed on Sep 3, 2018 at 5:59:14 PM by patakijv

  • Component changed from core to cloudfiles
  • Owner set to dkocher

comment:3 Changed on Sep 3, 2018 at 6:47:57 PM by dkocher

  • Summary changed from Modified column shows "Unknown" for all files and folders in Rackspace CloudFiles to Modified column shows "Unknown" for all files and folders

Could you please file a bug report with Rackspace that their API does no longer include last_modified in their response when listing objects.

comment:4 Changed on Sep 3, 2018 at 11:45:22 PM by patakijv

Is there an example api test you used to determined this so I can provide it for a complete report documentation? (i.e. did you confirm this with a curl script or something?) Can you provide it here and I will submit the Rackspace bug report?

comment:5 Changed on Sep 4, 2018 at 12:28:17 AM by patakijv

I ran a curl test myself just now for a particular file object and I get a Last-Modified field back. Not sure if the url used makes a difference, I think Rackspace has multiple endpoint possibilities with varying versions, etc.

I tried a particular file object test using

curl -X HEAD -D - -H "X-Auth-Token: XXXX" https://storage101.dfw1.clouddrive.com/v1/MossoCloudFS_XXXX/path/to/file

And I get

HTTP/1.1 200 OK 
Content-Length: 2065 
Accept-Ranges: bytes 
Last-Modified: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 01:19:58 GMT 
Etag: 7c96XXXX786e971a9ee7ddf0769033 
X-Timestamp: 1453166397.26005 
Content-Type: application/octet-stream 
X-Trans-Id: tx968abXXXX6144d9f94efc-005b8dd00cdfw1 
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2018 00:21:33 GMT

Notice Last-Modified exists above.

Are you getting different results?

If so, is it a different url that is used? Different something else?

Can you provide an equivalent test that has the Last-Modified omitted if you think this is a bug on the Rackspace?

Last edited on Sep 4, 2018 at 12:31:14 AM by patakijv (previous) (diff)

comment:6 Changed on Sep 4, 2018 at 8:21:41 AM by dkocher

  • Milestone set to 7.0
  • Status changed from new to assigned

We do a object listing using a GET request for the container like

curl -X GET -D - -H "X-Auth-Token: xxxx" "https://storage101.dfw1.clouddrive.com/v1/MossoCloudFS_xxxx/cdn.cyberduck.ch?format=xml&prefix=&limit=1&delimiter=%2F"

All objects should contain a last_modifiedin the returned XML document. My first test shows this is actually the case. We will look into it.

Last edited on Sep 4, 2018 at 8:22:03 AM by dkocher (previous) (diff)

comment:7 Changed on Sep 4, 2018 at 8:25:15 AM by dkocher

It looks like the timestamp format returned is no longer RFC 1123 but ISO 8601. We will implement a workaround.

comment:8 Changed on Sep 4, 2018 at 10:28:46 AM by dkocher

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

In r45031.

comment:9 Changed on Sep 20, 2018 at 6:52:06 AM by dkocher

  • Milestone changed from 7.0 to 6.7.2

comment:10 Changed on Sep 20, 2018 at 8:57:36 PM by dkocher

  • Milestone changed from 6.7.2 to 6.8.0

Milestone renamed

comment:11 Changed on Oct 9, 2018 at 9:58:31 AM by dkocher

Related issue in #10489.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
swiss made software