Cyberduck Mountain Duck CLI

#2090 closed defect (worksforme)

Bug?

Reported by: anonymous Owned by:
Priority: normal Milestone:
Component: interface Version: 3.0
Severity: major Keywords:
Cc: Architecture:
Platform:

Description

I just tried to upgrade my blog (WordPress) by selectively upgrading various WordPress components using drag-and-drop from the Finder. To my extreme surprise and astonishment THE COMPLETE BLOG DIRECTORY DISPAPPEARED WHILE I WAS UPLOADING THE FILES! I had initiated 3 parallel upgrades to subdirectories of the affcted blog directory so 2 or 3 transfers were active at the same time.

Just before doing the upgrade manually, I tried to upgrade using the automatic-upgrade plugin for WordPress. After I got the message that my settings were too 'safe' for this plugin, I decided to do it manually with catostrophic results...

I am using the latest version of Cyberduck [3.0 (3966)]. Irony wants that I decided to pay the Cyberduck author just 1 or 2 days ago to express my satisfaction with CyberDuck...

Daan

Change History (2)

comment:1 Changed on May 16, 2008 at 7:00:06 PM by anonymous

  • Owner dkocher deleted
  • Priority changed from highest to normal
  • Severity changed from blocker to major
  • Summary changed from Extremely dangerous BUG! to Bug?

After doing some more looking around, I discovered that the subdirectory actually was not DESTROYED but it was relocated and had become part of another directory so was no longer visible at root level.

Because of this, I am no longer 100% certain I did not somehow do something wrong myself. I am definitely not aware I moved the blog directory inside another directory, but I might have done this accidentally while I was navigating around. Therefore, if I am the only one with this issue, it most likely is my own clumsiness. If not, then there is a bug but not as blocking and dangerous as I thought 30 minutes ago...

Sorry for my panic!

Regards (and even more happy I just payed the writer:-),

Daan

comment:2 Changed on May 16, 2008 at 7:22:53 PM by dkocher

  • Component changed from core to interface
  • Milestone 3.1 deleted
  • Resolution set to worksforme
  • Status changed from new to closed

You most probably moved a folder with drag and drop by accident.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
swiss made software