Cyberduck Mountain Duck CLI

Opened 7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

#5640 closed defect (fixed)

High CPU usage in idle after download completed

Reported by: http://mactie.myopenid.com/ Owned by: dkocher
Priority: high Milestone: 4.0
Component: core Version: 3.8.1
Severity: critical Keywords: cpu, high, usage
Cc: Architecture: Intel
Platform: Mac OS X 10.6

Description

CD is using always a little over 70% CPU when in idle. I started noticing this about a week ago and figured it might go away. Unfortunatly it hasn't - only solution is to quit the application.

Version is: 3.8.1 (7954) Mac OS X 10.6.6 MacBook Pro, 4GB Ram

I can't bring any programs in conclusions with this like little snitch. I checked the activity monitor but all that stuff in there makes my head dizzy. But I could post it here, if it will help.

Thanks.

Attachments (1)

CD activity.tiff (146.3 KB) - added by ye 7 years ago.
the screenshot of the activity monitor

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (9)

comment:1 follow-up: Changed 7 years ago by Davide Gurgone

Hi, i registered the same behavior any time I upload a large amount of files together. This does not happens when upload small number, 3, 4 files per time.

I hope this will be useful.

Thanks, Davide.

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by ye

The same here. I noticed the phenomena already with former versions of Cyberduck and Mac OS. Also here I have the impression it is related with an previous download of an huge amount of files. I attach a screenshot of the activity monitor: 100% CPU, 2GB memory for Cyberduck. This hours after the transfer was completed and all windows of Cyberduck closed.

Macbook Pro and Mac Pro, Os 10.6.6.Cyberduck 3.8.1

Changed 7 years ago by ye

the screenshot of the activity monitor

comment:3 in reply to: ↑ 1 Changed 7 years ago by dkocher

Replying to Davide Gurgone:

Hi, i registered the same behavior any time I upload a large amount of files together. This does not happens when upload small number, 3, 4 files per time.

I hope this will be useful.

Thanks, Davide.

That issue is in #5665.

comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by dkocher

  • Summary changed from High CPU Usage in idle to High CPU usage in idle after download completed

comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by dkocher

#5696 closed as duplicate.

comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by dkocher

Can you enable debug logging and send me the output in the system log file. We might then find the culprit.

comment:7 Changed 7 years ago by dkocher

  • Milestone set to 4.0
  • Owner set to dkocher
  • Status changed from new to assigned

I can replicate the issue. No need for a log file.

comment:8 Changed 7 years ago by dkocher

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

In r8349.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
swiss made software