Cyberduck Mountain Duck CLI

Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

#8244 closed defect (fixed)

Edited file with accent aigu in parent path does not upload on save

Reported by: kamholz Owned by: dkocher
Priority: normal Milestone: 4.6
Component: core Version: 4.5.2
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc: Architecture:
Platform:

Description

I've been using Cyberduck for months to remotely edit files with Sublime Text, with no issues. However, today I noticed that when I edited a text file inside a folder containing "é" in its name, the file opened normally in Sublime Text, but saved changes did not get sent to the remote server. As far as I can tell, the only variable causing this to fail is the "é" in the path. I tried creating a folder with "…" (the ellipsis character, not three periods) and it worked fine. So perhaps the issue only arises with characters that exist in Latin-1? I'm not sure. Anyway, it would be great if this could be fixed! I've marked this core because I have no reason to believe it's restricted to SFTP, but that is the protocol I'm using to connect to the remote server.

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by dkocher

  • Component changed from core to sftp
  • Milestone set to 4.5.3
  • Owner set to dkocher

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by dkocher

  • Status changed from new to assigned
  • Summary changed from remote edit does not work with some UTF-8 paths to Edited file in Sublime Text 3 with accent aigu in parent path does not upload on save

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by dkocher

  • Summary changed from Edited file in Sublime Text 3 with accent aigu in parent path does not upload on save to Edited file with accent aigu in parent path does not upload on save

The issue can be reproduced with any editor.

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by dkocher

  • Component changed from sftp to core

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by kamholz

I have now reproduced this issue with the "î" character, so I know it isn't restricted to "é". I do not know the full range of affected characters, but presumably the fix, when identified, will resolve them all at once.

comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by dkocher

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

In r15324.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
swiss made software